Effective project management adds real value to organisations as it delivers products and services on time, within budget and according to the quality specifications of the client.
This course will guide you through the concepts, life-cycle phases, knowledge domains and international best practice associated with the effective planning and implementation of projects. You will learn about the tools and techniques of project management and also the context in which projects are typically executed such as organisational arrangements, project-governance structures and the use of technology in projects.
The course is aligned to 46 credits at NQF level 4.
- Module Outline
- Who is this for
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand different project management concepts and definitions
- Identify common features of Project Management
- Understand the tools, techniques, global trends and international standards for project management
- Understand the project management life cycle
- Design a project life-cycle checklist
- Identify common project planning tools and techniques
- Use a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and design a Gantt chart
- Understand different types of project plans and typical steps in the project planning process.
- Design a project risk matrix
- Understand how organisational arrangements and project governance influence project practices and methodology
- Understand the significance of Project Management as a specialised management field
- Understand the contribution and ten knowledge domains of PMBOK TM
- Understand types of project management systems and software
- Use project documentation to facilitate the project management process.
This program is aimed at students and people in the workplace who are starting out in project management or who wish to improve their project management skills.
Students must have Matric / Grade 12 equivalent, be proficient in English and be computer literate.
- PC running Windows 7/ Windows 8 (Pro) / Windows 10
- Windows Office products: MS Word, MS Excel
- Access to the Internet